U.S. REPRESENTATIVE - CALIFORNIA DISTRICT 25
RACE SUMMARY: Defeated 2-term Republican incumbent Steve Knight
EDUCATION: California State University, Northridge (BA, MPA)
- Will fight for Israel's right to self-defense
- Supports a strong U.S.-Israel relationship
- Supports Israel maintaining a Qualitative Military Edge to defend itself.
- Promises to fight for women's reproductive rights while serving in Congress
- Made reproductive freedom a central issue in the 25th District race when going up against anti-chioce incumbent Knight
In Her Own Words
"Abortion and other reproductive health care is intensely personal, and I will always fight to ensure women remain empowered and allowed to make these often difficult decisions."
"Ensuring Israel’s security should remain the foundation of U.S. policy in the Middle East. The bond between the United States and Israel not only strengthens both countries but promotes our interests throughout the Middle East."
SOURCES: 1) prochoiceamerica.org 2) 2018 Position Papers
She is California's first openly bisexual person to be a member of Congress.
Lives on a farm in California with her husband where they foster rescue animals.
Helped secure $1.2 billion in funds to alleviate homelessness in California.