CANDIDATE FOR D-IOWA DISTRICT 1
RACE SUMMARY: Abby Finkenauer unseated incumbent Rod Blum (R), who has held the seat since 2014 to win the election to the House of Representatives.
EDUCATION: Drake University (BA)
- Supports a two-state solution
- Denounces BDS and efforts to delegitimize Israel
- Will protect Israel from antiSemetic attacks at international bodies
- Supports Roe v. Wade
- Stands with Planned Parenthood
- Believes a woman's health choice should be private, and that women should have equal access to healthcare and health insurance
In Her Own Words
“For both the United States and Israel, no connection is more important than the special relationship between our two countries. It is one I will always fight to continue in Congress, and a bond I felt deeply during my visit to Israel in July 2015.” 1
"Women’s rights have been chipped away year after year, and we must defend our rights as women. And we must have our great allies, the men in this room, defending as well." 2
SOURCES: 1) 2018 Position Papers 2) www.thegazette.com
Was a page for the Democratic Speaker of the Iowa House while in high school.
Worked as a Cloakroom Page in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2006.
If elected, would be the youngest woman in Congress.