RACE: Rita Hart is running for open seat of retiring Rep. Dave Loebsack (D), who was first elected to the House in 2006.
BORN: May 5, 1056
EDUCATION: North Iowa Area Community College (AA), University of Northern Iowa (BA), University of IA (MA)
FAMILY: Married, 5 children
- Strongly supports a two-state solution, and engaging the U.S. in creating a lasting peace in the region.
- Committed to a strong U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Supports continued U.S. aid to Israel to maintain a qualitative military advantage.
Supports the JCPOA - Iran Nuclear Agreement.
Opposes BDS Movement
- Supports Roe v Wade and believes women have the right to choose their health care
- Believes the government should fund Planned Parenthood
- Supports no cost birth control
- Supported by NARAL Pro-Choice America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund
"A strong relationship with Israel is vital to the national security interest of the United States." 1
"I am unequivocably opposed to the Global BDS Movement and related boycott, divestment and sanctions campaigns against Israel. The antisemetic rhetoric that the leaders of the BDS movement use is unacceptable and has not place in the debate. These tactics moe us fvarther away from peace and are an ugly attempt to isolate Israel from the world." 2
SOURCES: 1) 2020 Position Papers 2) 2020 Position Papers
Worked as a public school teacher.
She and her husband own and operate a small farm.
Ran as the Lt. Gubernatorial candidate in Iowa in 2018.