Support Lauren Underwood for Congress
REP. LAUREN UNDERWOOD
RACE: Underwood turned this seat blue for the first time in a long time. She is facing stiff opposition for her re-election following redistricting in 2021.
DATE OF BIRTH: 10/4/1986
EDUCATION: Johns Hopkins University - MSN-MPH, University of Michigan - BS Nursing
- Believes that supporting and protecting Israel is crucial for the U.S. and the world
- Supports the U.S.-Israel Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) providing annual U.S. funding for Israel's defense
- Supports a two-state solution with the U.S. facilitating a future agreement
- Supports the JCPOA (Iran Nuclear Deal)
- Opposes BDS movement
- Supports women's rights to the full range of reproductive health services, without restrictions, including access to safe, legal, and affordable abortions.
- Committed to defending the protections offered by Roe v Wade by passing legislation to codify them in federal law
- Supports repealing the Hyde Amendment
- Endorsed by Planned Parenthood
- Cofounder and cochair of Black Maternal Heath Caucus
In Her Own Words
"As a nurse, I have always considered access to quality, affordable health care fundamental to my practice. I carry this with me in Congress and I consider protecting access to care for people with pre-existing conditions and making health care and prescription drugs more affordable among my most essential priorities." 1
"No child should fear for their life at school. No worker should fear a mass shooting at their job. Weapons of war don’t belong in our neighborhoods."
Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies, 2013-Present
Appointed by President Barack Obama as Senior Advisor, U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services, 2014-2017
Research Nurse, Johns Hopkins University, 2009-2010