U.S. REPRESENTATIVE HALEY STEVENS
D-MICHIGAN 11th DISTRICT
RACE: Won the election for the seat of retiring 2-term GOP Representative Dave Trott.
EDUCATION: American University, BA, MS
OCCUPATION: Policy Advisor
- Believes the strong and enduring partnership between the U.S. and Israel is a cornerstone of safety and security.
- Strongly supports a two-state solution.
- Believes that Iran must be prevented from obtaining nuclear weapons.
- Supports Israel's right to defend herself and the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to help Israel mainting its qualatative military edge.
- Firmly opposes BDS.
- Has earned the support of NARAL Pro-Choice America and Planned Parenthood.
- Believes a woman's medical decisions should be made between her, her family, and her doctor.
- Will prioritize funding for family planning programs and support legislation that protects access to women's healthcare.
- Believes politicians and workplaces are 'no place to deny a woman provacy and proper medical care.'
In Her Own Words
"Affordable and quality health care enables women to make the best economic decisions for themselves and their families." 1
"I will fight for women's reproductive freedom and will oppose the Trump Administration's attempts to defund Planned Parenthood and deny women insurance for birth control. These attacks on women's rights must stop."
"With Israeli civilians and members of the IDF subjected to rocket fire and terrorism, Congress must continue to support critical programs that help Israel upgrade its fleets in air, land, and sea, enhance the mobility of its ground forces, and continue to strengthen its missile defense capabilities."3
Served as the Chief of Staff on the Auto Rescue, which helped return the auto industry to financial stability and saved over 200,000 Michigan jobs.
Launched a STEM education program which has exposed over 200 middle and high school students to digital manufacturing concepts andprocesses with hands-on teaching.