D - NEW YORK DISTRICT 12
EDUCATION: Greensboro College (BA)
FAMILY: Widowed, 2 children
- Supports funding for the Iron Dome and other defense aid to Israel
- Vocal proponent of a close US-Israel relationship
- Supports a two-state solution
- Stands up against harmful legislation that threatens women's reproductive rights
- Has spent her entire 25+ year career in Congress fighting for reproductive rights
- Supports continued funding of Planned Parenthood and easy access to birth control
In Her Own Words
"The Trump Administration is the most anti-woman administration of my life time and this misogynistic attempt to take away women's healthcare is more proof of that. The Trump-Pence anti-woman, anti-choice agenda is a direct threat to women's wellbeing and their right to make decisions about their healthcare, including reproductive healthcare." 2
Her husband is the oldest American ever to climb a mountain that stands over 8,000 meters tall.
She has received numerous awards for her dedication to stopping human trafficking.
To raise awareness for the 9-11 Victims Compensation Fund, she wore an official FDNY jacket to the 2019 Met Gala.