D - NEW YORK DISTRICT 8
EDUCATION: State University of New York, Binghamton (BA), Georgetown University (MPP), New York University (JD)
OCCUPATION: Attorney, Politician
FAMILY: Married, 2 children
- Condemns any effort to delegitimize Israel
- Supports the two-state solution
- Stands behind maintaining Israel's qualitive military edge
- Consistently votes against legislation that is harmful to women's reproductive rights
- Strong proponent of a woman's right to make her own reproductive decisions
- Supports Planned Parenthood
In His Own Words
"Our politics may be more polarized than ever, but it is incumbent upon all of us who care about the U.S-Israel relationship to keep it bipartisan, to keep our polarization from poisoning the bipartisan support that Israel has always enjoyed." 2
He served as legal counsel for both Viacom and CBS Broadcasting.
He is an avid fan of rap music, and once shouted out the Notorious B.I.G on the House floor during a speech.