RACE: Jackie Gordon is running for an open seat of retiring Rep. Peter King (R), who was first elected to the House in 1993.
VOTING RECORD: Project Vote Smart
EDUCATION: CUNY's Hunter College (BA), Queens College (MA)
OCCUPATION: Educator, Retired Armed Forces Veteran
FAMILY: 2 children
- Committed to a strong U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Firmly believes the two-state solution is the best way to secure peace in the Middle East.
Supports the JCPOA - Iran Nuclear Agreement.
She served in the Middle East, and has a personal udnerstanding of Israel's importance as a Democracy in that region.
- WIll work to protect funding for Planned Parenthood.
- Reproductive freedom is one of her main issues.
- Supported by NARAL Pro-Choice America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund.
"Today, on the anniversary of #RoevWade, and at a time when reproductive choice has never been more under attack, our representation in Congress matters. I’m proud to stand up for all Long Islanders’ access to crucial healthcare services." 1
"I believe that it has to be a two-state solution with the stakeholders — the Israelis and the Palestinian Authority — being at the table to create that solution so that they can have ownership" 2
She spent 29 years in the Armed Forces and retired in 2014 with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
She has two daughters, one of whom is currently a Captain in the U.S. Air Force.
She spent almost three decades working in the New York public school system, mainly as a guidance counselor.