D - NEW YORK DISTRICT 17
EDUCATION: Mount Holyoke College (BS, MA)
FAMILY: Married, 3 children
- Supports a two-state solution
- Has introduced many bills in support for the US- Israel relationship
- Denounces international institutions mistreatment of Israel
- Advocates that women's reproductive are human rights
- Critical of any legislation that threatens women's reproductive rights
- Works to promote safe, legal abortion, and easy access to birth control for all women
In Her Own Words
"I am gravely concerned with the State Department's statement earlier this week regarding a two-state solution. It is longstanding U.S. policy that a two-state solution is the only framework that would lead to two states for two people -- a democratic, Jewish state of Israel and a democratic, Palestinian state." 2
She and her husband have been married for for 50 years and have 8 grandchildren.
JAC was the first national group to support her run for congress.