EDUCATION: University of Virginia (BA, JD)
OCCUPATION: Attorney, Politician
FAMILY: Married, 3 children
- Supported the JCPOA
- Works to ensure a strong US - Israel relationship
- Works closely with members of both parties to produce legislation that affirms Israel's right to exist as a democratic state
- Defends a women's right to choose
- Consistently voted to ensure a woman's employer cannot restrict her access to birth control
- Given a 100% rating by the Planned Parenthood Action Fund
In His Own Words
"Congress is like first grade, only not as well behaved." 2
He is the first openly gay person to be elected to Congress.
He and his husband have been together since 1992 and have three adopted children.