RACE: Candace Valenzuela is running for the open seat of retiring GOP Rep. Kenny Marchant, who has held the seat since 2004. Three other candidates are running for this seat in the General Election.
VOTING RECORD: Project Vote Smart
EDUCATION: Claremont McKenna College (BA), 2006
FAMILY: Married, 2 children
- Committed to a strong U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Believes the two-state solution is the best way to secure peace in the Middle East.
Supports the JCPOA - Iran Nuclear Agreement.
- WIll work to protect funding for Planned Parenthood.
- Will work to repeal the Hyde Amendment.
- Will work to pass paid family and medical leave.
"...[W]e need to not just make sure that abortion is widely accessible (and that we get rid of the Hyde amendment), but that birth control is low cost, if not free, and that there is access to affordable prenatal and postnatal care for both baby and mama." 1
"Israel is our most essential ally in moving toward a more peaceful Middle East and world, and I will do everything I can as a Congresswoman to support Israel" 2
SOURCES: 1) candacefor24 2) 2020 Position Paper
Became first Latina & first African-American woman to serve on the Carrolton-Farmers Branch school board.
The daughter of U.S. Army veterans, her family has generations of military service.
Became the first member of her family to graduate from college.