U.S. REPRESENTATIVE COLIN ALLRED
D-TEXAS DISTRICT 32
RACE SUMMARY: Defeated long-time incumbent Rep. Pete Sessions (R) in what was widely considered and upset, since Sessions had been in Congress since 1997, and represented the 32nd district since its creation in 2003.
EDUCATION: Baylor University, BA; UCLA Berkley, JD
FAMILY: Married, 1 child
- Supports a two-state solution
- Believes U.S. must remain committed to defending Israel and ensuring it maintains a Qualtative Military Edge (QME) in the region
- Supports the JCPOA (Iran Nuclear Deal)
- Supports a negotiated two-state solution.
- Supports Roe v. Wade
- Opposes defunding Planned Parenthood
- Believes the federal government should have no say on when, how, and with whom women decide to start or grow a family.
In Her Own Words
""I will be a champion in Congress for removing the barriers women still face in advancing in our society, from the fight for gender equality to combating violence against women.” 1
"Israel must always remain able to deter and defeat any credible threat arising from a nation-state, non-state actor, or any combination thereof." 2
SOURCES: 1) 2018 Position Papers 2) 2018 Position Papers
Played in the NFL as a linbacker for the Tennessee Titans from 2006-2011.
Interned in the Office of White House Counsel in 2013.