U.S. REPRESENTATIVE JENNIFER WEXTON
D-VIRGINIA 10TH DISTRICT
RACE: Defeated two term Republican incumbent Rep. Barbara Comstock in the 2018 Election.
EDUCATION: University of Maryland, College Park (BA), College of William & Mary (JD)
FAMILY: Married, 2 children
- Understands importance of strong US-Israel relationship
- Supports the Iron Dome and funding for Israeli self defense
- Supports the two-state solution as the only viable means to peace between Israel and Palestine
- Works to keep the government out of women's reproductive and family planning decisions
- Supports a woman's right to choose
- As a State Senator, she fought against Republican efforts to restrict access to abortion
In His Own Words
"The election of Donald Trump and the events in Charlottesville, Virginia last year have brought to light in a dramatic manner that hate and racism, specifically anti-Semitism, are alive and well."1
"Our family history has deep roots in the strength and resilience of the Jewish people, and from it I understand the importance of Israel as a homeland for the Jewish people and a place in the world where it is safe to be a Jew." 2
SOURCES: 1) 2018 position papers 2) 2018 position papers
She served as a substitute judge in her Virginia county.
Her husband's grandparents fled Germany during the Holocaust.