EDUCATION: University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa (B.A.) Samford University (J.D.)
FAMILY: Married, 3 Children
- Committed to ensuring Israel's safety and security, and will work to strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship
- Believes that Israel is a "beacon of democracy" in the Middle east
- Will suport security assistance to Israel at $3.8 billion per year as outlined in the most recent Memorandum of Understanding between the U.S. and Israel
- Will work to ensure that Israel maintains a Qualitative Military Edge (QME) to ensure that it can confront any threat it faces in such an unstable region
- Supports a two-state solution
- Supports Roe v. Wade
- "No woman should be denied coverage of services based on the religious beliefs of her employer."
- “I am a firm believer that a woman should have the freedom to choose what happens to her own body.”
In His Own Words
"I will defend women's access to contraception and a woman's right to choose and fight any legislation or executive action that would allow insurance companies to discriminate against women." 1
"Because of the values Israel and the U.S. share, and because I believe that a strong and secure Israel in the Middle East is in the best interests of the U.S., I am committed to enhancing U.S. security assistance to Israel." 2
"I strongly believe that any peace deal must ensure Israel's security as a sovereign democratic state and a homeland for the Jewish people." 3
As a U.S. Attorney, Jones prosecuted the two remaining perpetrators of the 16th Street Baptist Church Bombing, which killed four young girls in Birmingham, AL in 1963.
In 2007, Jones won the 15th Anniversary Civil Rights Distinguished Service Award from the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute.