D - NEW YORK
EDUCATION: Harvard (BA, JD)
FAMILY: Married, 2 children
Elected to Senate: 1997
- Condemns the UN's anti-Israel efforts
- Consistent supporter of a strong U.S.-Israel relationship in the Senate
- Supports Israel's right to self-defense to protect its citizens from acts of terrorism
- Vows to protect Roe v. Wade
- Stands up against legislation that restricts women's access to contraceptives
- Supports Planned Parenthood
- Vocal critic of the Trump Administration's efforts to deligitimize women's reproductive freedoms
In His Own Words
"Our politics may be more polarized than ever, but it is incumbent upon all of us who care about the U.S-Israel relationship to keep it bipartisan, to keep our polarization from poisoning the bipartisan support that Israel has always enjoyed." 2
He is related to comedian Amy Schumer.
He considered a career in chemistry, but choose to go to law school and persue politics instead.
He used to live in a D.C. rowhouse with Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) and former Representative George Miller (CA-7 and CA-11).