Support Mandela Barnes for Senate
CANDIDATE FOR U.S. SENATE
RACE SUMMARY: Wisconsin Lt Governor Mandela Barnes is challenging incumbent GOP Senator Ron Johnson in what is expected to be a critical and contentious race for the Senate.
EDUCATION: Alabama Agricultural & Mechanical University, BA
OCCUPATION: Deputy Director, Organizer
COMMITTEES in WI State Assembly:
- Supports Israel's right to self-defense.
- Supports a two-state solution.
- Opposes BDS (Boycott, Divestment, & Sanctions) of Israel.
- Supports the U.S.-Israel Memo of Understanding (MOU).
- Supports codifying the protections of Roe v Wade into federal law
- Believes women have the right to make their own medical decisions
In His Own Words
“Every woman should have the right to make her own decision. And I’ll fight alongside you every step of the way until they do.” 1
“It has never been more clear why we need to abolish the filibuster and take immediate action to protect every person’s right to make decisions about their own bodies. Republicans have proven they will stop at nothing to strip every individual of their right to an abortion. We must act now.” 2
'It’s important that Israel remains a strong ally and a strong partner in the Middle East.' 3
Won Democratic Party of Wisconsin's 'Grassroots Organizer of the Year' 2012