Support Mary Peltola for Congress
RACE: Peltola won this seat in a special election in August 2022, following the death of former GOP Rep. Don Young. She won election to a full term in November of 2022.
DATE OF BIRTH: 8/31/1973
EDUCATION: Attended University of Alaska
FAMILY: Married, 7 children
OCCUPATION: Fisheries Technician
RELIGION: Russian Orthodox
- Believes that supporting and protecting Israel is crucial for the U.S. and the world
- Supports a two-state solution with the U.S. facilitating a future agreement
- Supports the JCPOA (Iran Nuclear Deal)
- Opposes BDS movement
- Supports women's rights to the full range of reproductive health services, without restrictions, including access to safe, legal, and affordable abortions.
- Committed to defending the protections offered by Roe v Wade by passing legislation to codify them in federal law
- Endorsed by Planned Parenthood
- Voted for the Ensuring Women's Right to Reproductive Freedom Act
In Her Own Words
"Those who try to take away our rights alway underestimate our strength. Alaska legalized abortion before Roe was the law of the land. We must protect it after." 1
SOURCES: 1) Twitter.com
Member of the Orutsaramiut Native Council Tribal Court
Member of the Nature Conservancy Board
Served as Executive Director of the Kuskokwim River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission
Began fishing commercially with her father when she was six years old; worked as a herring and salmon technician for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.