Welcome to the JAC Action Center


To receive action alerts from JAC, join the JAC email network.


Tools for Advocacy:


How to communicate with Congress

JAC recommends personal communications -- individually generated.  These will be tallied and will usually result in a personal reply from your senator or representative.  Call, write or email your Representative and Senators.  Let them know where you stand on issues that are important to you. Do it often! Your calls or letters may be as simple as the samples below, but we recommend that you be brief, to the point, and always respectful.

All senators and representatives can be reached by calling the Capitol Switchboard 202 224-3121


"Hello. My name is _____ and I am a constituent (or, if not a constituent, I am a concerned citizen or I am calling because the Senator or Rep. chairs such-and-such committee). I would like to register my opinion on the issue of ______ (name issue or bill number).  I am in favor of/opposed to _____.  [Here you may add a brief supporting sentence.] Please pass this information along to Senator ______/Rep.______.
Thank you."


The Honorable _______ _______
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510


The Honorable ______ ____
United States House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515

Dear Senator/Representative ______:

I am writing as a constituent (or, if not a constituent, as a concerned citizen or because the Senator or Rep. chairs such-and-such committee) to ask you to support/vote against _______ (issue - or bill number). This issue is important and deserves your attention. [Her you may add any brief additional supporting comments.]


Your name, address


Elected Officials Contact Information

Contact information for the White House:
Send a message via the White House comments page at https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact.
Call the White House switchboard is at 202-456-1414.

Contact your U.S. Representative:
Identify and contact your U.S. Representative 
Call your representative via the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121.

Contact your U.S. Senator:
Information about how to contact your U.S. Senators can be found at
Call your representative via the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121.

Contact your Governor:
Information on how to  contact your state's governor can be found at

Contact your state legislators:
Information on finding and contacting your state senators and state representatives can be found at