CANDIDATE FOR ARIZONA DISTRICT 9
RACE SUMMARY: Greg Stanton won the House seat being vacated by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, who defeated Sen. Jeff Flake (R). This district is considered a swing district even thought the seat has been held by Rep. Sinema since 2012.
EDUCATION: Marquette University (BA), University of Michigan (JD)
- Supports a two-state solution, with the U.S. as a negotiating partner
- As mayor of Phoenix, formed an economic partnership between Phoenix & Ramat Gan, Israel
- Believes in Israel's right to self-defense, and supports U.S. efforts to ensure that defense through systems like Iron Dome
- Supports Roe v. Wade
- Endorsed by Planned Parenthood
- Vows to expand access to healthcare and contraceptives for women, especially those with lower income
- In Phoenix, worked with Planned Parenthood to ensure access to healthcare for women in the area
In His Own Words
“Suring my time as Mayor of Phonix, I have always been proud to stand with Israel, fight against anti-Semitism in our community, and build closer ties between the Jewish state and our city, state, and nation. In Congress, I will continue that commitments -- working to strengthen both the Arizona and Israel economies and safeguard the strength of our most critical ally in the Middle East.” 1
"ACA repeal and defunding Planned Parenthood will do real harm to real people. If D.C. politicians won't hold public hearings, we will." 2
During his term as mayor, he was recognized for ending chronic homelessness among veterans in Phoenix.
He worked as an education attorney before beginning his career in politics.