U.S. REPRESENTATIVE JOSH HARDER
D-CALIFORNIA 10TH DISTRICT
RACE: Defeated incumbent Rep. Jeff Denham (R) for this seat in the U.S. House of Representatives.
BORN: August 1, 1986
EDUCATION: Stanford University (BS), Harvard Kennedy School of Government (MA), Harvard (MBA)
OCCUPATION: Vice President, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Strongly supports a two-state solution, and engaging the U.S. in creating a lasting peace in the region.
- Committed to a strong U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Supports continued U.S. aid to Israel to maintain a qualitative military advantage.
- Supports the JCPOA - Iran Nuclear Agreement.
- Will defend Planned Parenthood and a woman's right to choose.
- Supports safe access to abortion, birth control, and other reproductive health services.
- Defends the right of a woman and her doctor to make choices regarding medical care.
In His Own Words
"I will be a fierce advocate for women's rights, including supporting their economic security and reproductive rights. I will defend Planned Parenthood against attacks to stop reimbursement for critical medical care like cancer screenings and STD testing. [And] advocate for a woman's right to choose as well as access to affordable and quality reproductive services." 1
Helped small farmers in Kenya and Uganda access funding.
After receiving a public policy and business degree from Harvard, he taught business at Modesto Junior College before entering public service.