RACE SUMMARY: Katie Porter has held this seat in Congress since 2019, and won re-election in 2020 against Republican Greg Raths.
EDUCATION: Yale University (BA), Harvard Law School (JD)
OCCUPATION: Lawyer, Law Professor
FAMILY: Divorced, 3 children
- Supports a two-state solution
- Supports Israel's right to self defense
- Supports a strong U.S.-Israel Relationship
- Supports Roe v. Wade
- Stands with Planned Parenthood
- Strongly supports a woman's right to make her own health care decisions and shape her own future
“I will never accept a dime from the gun lobby and I will work to pass commonsense laws to keep our schools and communities safe. I support a ban on assault weapons, mandatory background checks on all gun sales, and a healthcare system that provides comprehensive mental health treatment." 2
She is a single working mom.
Before coming to Congress, Porter spent nearly two decades taking on the special interests that dominate American politics and drown out the voices of working families.