U.S. REPRESENTATIVE MIKE LEVIN
D-CALIFORNIA 49TH DISTRICT
RACE: Won the seat to represent the seat of retiring GOP Representative Darryl Issa in the U.S. House of Representatives.
BORN: October 20, 1978
EDUCATION: Stanford University (BA), Duke University (JD)
OCCUPATION: Environmental, Energy & Regulatory Attorney
FAMILY: Married, 2 children
- Strongly supports a two-state solution, and engaging the U.S. in creating a lasting peace in the region.
- Committed to a strong U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Supports continued U.S. aid to Israel to maintain a qualitative military advantage.
- Vehemently opposes the BDS movement.
- Supports the JCPOA - Iran Nuclear Agreement.
- Will defend Planned Parenthood and a woman's right to choose.
- Supports safe access to abortion, birth control, and other reproductive health services.
- Defends the right of a woman and her doctor to make choices regarding medical care.
- Supports updating federal definition of domestic violence and fighting sexual assault and harrassment in in the public and private sectors.
In Her Own Words
"I will always stand for women's health issues, including access to contraception and the right to make one's own reproductive choices. I will fight any legislation or executive action that allows insurance companies to discriminate against women. I believe that only a woman, her family, and her doctor should be able to decide what is best for her health." 1
"I oppose the BDS movement and wholeheartedly reject the characterization of Israel as a pariah state, somehow akin to Apartheid South Africa." 2
"As an executive in the alternative energy field, I am well-aware of Israel’s technological leadership and will work to foster greater economic opportunities and investment between our two nations." 3
SOURCES: 1) www.mikelevin.org 2) 2018 Position Papers 3) 2018 Position Papers
One of the first U.S. Congressional candidates endorsed by the National Organization of Women
Student body president while at Stanford University
Worked for a decade fighting for a transition to sustainable power generation and transportation