U.S. REPRESENTATIVE RAUL RUIZ
D-CALIFORNIA 36th DISTRICT
EDUCATION: UCLA, BS; Harvard University School of Health, MPH; Harvard University, MD; Harvard University Kennedy School of Government, MPP
FAMILY: Married, 2 children
RELIGION: Seventh Day Adventist
- Supports a two-state solution
- Committed to the unbreakable bond between the U.S. and Israel
- Supports the JCPOA - Iran Nuclear Deal
- Supports a woman's right to access safe, legal abortions without restrictions
- Received 100% rating from NARAL ProChoice America and Planned Parenthood
- Cosponsor of the Women's Health Protection Act
In His Own Words
“As the people of Israel continue to face growing uncertainty and acts of terror, it is imperative we reiterate our unwavering support and work with them to end the escalation of violence and come to a peaceful solution that ensures the safety and security of Israel, 1
SOURCES: 1) Desert Sun
Created a pre-mmedical mentorship for young aspiring doctors in the Coachella Valley, to help address the physician shortage in the region. The program has grown to over 100 students.
Worked as an emergency room doctor until elected to U.S. Congress in 2012.