U.S. REPRESENTATIVE TED LIEU
D-CALIFORNIA 33RD DISTRICT
EDUCATION: Stanford University (BA,BS), Georgetown University (JD)
OCCUPATION: Attorney, Politician
FAMILY: Married, 2 children
- Has sponsored legislation, as recently as April 2019, reaffirming the importance of the US's economic ties with Israel
- Committed to protecting Israel from terrorist and nuclear threats
- Continually denounces the UN's unfair treatment of Israel
- A strong voice in Congress in support of Planned Parenthood
- Supports a woman's right to choose, and continues to denounce harmful legislation that limits female reproductive rights
In His Own Words
"Israel is one of our strongest allies, largely because our shared values encourage democracy, openness and innovation. As a robust trade partner, Israel has supported American interests in a variety of fields such as cybersecurity, clean energy and agriculture. "1
"Women are entitled to make medical decisions on their own, without the interference of their government. Denying them that opportunity is an assault on their fundamental rights." 2
Served as a military prosecutor in the Air Force.
Lieu was born in Taipei, Taiwan, and immigrated with his family to Cleveland.
He is only one of four computer science majors currently serving in Congress.