Lisa Blunt Rochester
RACE SUMMARY: Lisa Blunt Rochester is running for re-election to represent Delaware at-large. Since being elected in 2016, she has been a crucial voice in Congress.
EDUCATION: Fairleigh Dickinson University (BA), University of Delaware (MA)
OCCUPATION: CEO of the Metropolitan Wilmington Urban League
FAMILY: Divorced and Widowed, 2 Children
- Supports a two-state solution
- Visited Israel in 2017 with House Democratic Members
- Supports a strong U.S.-Israel Relationship
- Stands up to the Republicans in Congress trying to defund Planned Parenthood
- Works to make it easier for low-income women to get cancer screenings and mammograms
- Fights against regressive legislation that tries to put the government between a woman and her doctor
In April of 2020, she was named a member of the vetting committee for Joe Biden's vice presidential candidate selection.