Support Debbie Wasserman Schultz for Congress
D-FLORIDA 25th DISTRICT
EDUCATION: University of Florida, MA & BA Political Science
OCCUPATION: Adjunct Professor
FAMILY: Married, 3 children
- Supports a two-state solution
- Committed to the survival of Israel as a Jewish State
- Believes in the need to continually strengthen and renew the strong relationship between the U.S. and Israel.
- Supports acccess to safe abortion and birth control
- Author of Education & Awareness Requires Learning Young (EARLY) Act, to promote education and awareness of breast cancer.
- Member of the House Pro-Choice Caucus - longtime defender of women's reproductive freedom
In Her Own Words
"I am a staunch supporter of the State of Israel and her citizens’ right to live in peace and security. Since Israel’s independence in 1948, the United States and Israel have shared a special relationship based on our shared values of personal freedom, democracy, and the rule of law. Israel has blossomed from desert sands into a shining example of economic progress and cultural diversity – all while under the threat of attack from hostile neighbors." 1
"Healthy and safe women create healthy and safe homes, communities, and nations. I will always fight for policies that allow women and their families to remain healthy and free from violence." 2
"Healthy and safe women create healthy and safe homes, communities, and nations. I will always fight for policies that allow women and their families to remain healthy and free from violence." 3
Became Florida's first Jewish Congresswoman when elected.
Two months after arriving in Washington, DC, became a vocal opponent of President George W. Bush's involvement in the Terry Schaivo case, saying “Congress is not the appropriate venue to decide end-of-life or any private, personal family dispute.”