U.S. REPRESENTATIVE RAJA KRISHNAMOORTHI
D-ILLINOIS 8TH DISTRICT
EDUCATION: Princeton University, Hardvard Law School
FAMILY: Wife Priya, two sons, one daughter
- Believes the U.S. must maintain the historically special ties and asisstance to Israel, not just to help Israel, but because it is in the long-term interest of the U.S.
- Visited Israel with AJC.
- Believes must do everything to safeguard Israel's security while working to advance a two-state solution to peace.
- Support's U.S. aid to Israel to maintain its military qualitative edge against threats.
- Believes women have the right to make their own healthcare decisions in consultation with their doctors and without the intereference of politicians.
- Cosponsored EACH - Equal Access to Abortion Coverage in Health Insurance Act
- Cosponsored Women's Health Protection Act of 2017, prohibiting any government from imposing medically unnecessary tests and procedures on patients, imposing burdensome regulations on medical facilities, or creating barriers to abortion care access that could be detrimental to the healthcare of womene everywhere.
- Opposes defunding Planned Parenthood
- Fought efforts to reduce access and funding for contraception
In His Own Words
"Women’s rights are human rights. A loud chorus of voices including mine will speak up for the rights of women and all Americans to make a better life in this country." 1
"I think that the relationship between Israel and the United States is a special relationship, and it’s one that we have to always keep outside of politics, whatever we can, however we can. And if we do that, I think both countries will benefit in the long term.” 2
Co-founder of InSPIRE, a non-profit that provides training in solar technology to inner-city students and veterans.
Former Vice-Chairman of the Illinois Innovation Council, an organization to promote innovative technologies to support economic growth and job creation.