U.S. REPRESENTATIVE ANDY LEVIN
D-MICHIGAN 19th DISTRICT
RACE: Was elected to the seat held by his father, Rep. Sander Levin, who retired after representing the 9th district for 36 years.
BORN: August 10, 1960
EDUCATION: Williams College (BA), University of Michigan (MA), Harvard Law School (JD)
OCCUPATION: Environmental Energy Executive
FAMILY: Married, 4 children
- Strongly supports a two-state solution, and engaging the U.S. in creating a lasting peace in the region.
- Committed to a strong U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Supports continued U.S. aid to Israel to maintain a qualitative military advantage.
- Vehemently opposes the BDS movement.
- Supports the JCPOA - Iran Nuclear Agreement.
- Will defend Planned Parenthood and a woman's right to choose.
- Supports safe access to abortion, birth control, and other reproductive health services.
- Defends the right of a woman and her doctor to make choices regarding medical care.
In His Own Words
"While the Trump Administration tries to turn the clock back 50 years on women's autonomy and reproductive rights, I will fight for the rights of women to make their own choices concerning their bodies and reproductive health." 1
"It’s clearly in America’s interests to provide assistance to assure that Israel remains a strong and secure ally in the Middle East.." 2
"I have been deeply troubled by the efforts of some to turn support for Israel into a partisan issue. I will work with others of all political stripes to support Israel’s security and move the peace process forward." 3
Nephew of former U.S. Senator Carl Levin.
President of Lean & Green Michigan from 2012-present.
President of his synagogue, Congregation T'chiyah.