U.S. REPRESENTATIVE ANGIE CRAIG
D-MINNESOTA DISTRICT 2
RACE SUMMARY: Elected to replace incumbent GOP Rep. Jason Lewis.
EDUCATION: University of Memphis (BA-Journalism)
OCCUPATION: Human Resources & Communication
FAMILY: Married, 4 children
- Supports a two-state solution
- Believes strengthening the U.S. relationship with Israel is and should continue to be a national imperative
- Supports the JCPOA (Iran Nuclear Deal)
- Believes a continued close relationship between Israel and the U.S. is necessary to combat terrorism in the region and to ensure the security of both nations..
- Supports Roe v. Wade
- Opposes defunding Planned Parenthood
- Strong advocate for access to and expansion of affordable, comprehensive reproductive healthcare and age appropriate sex education
- Supports right access affordable contraceptive services
In Her Own Words
“I support full reproductive rights for women and access to contraception and family-planning services. No one should ever come between a woman and her doctor when making these decisions.” 1
"I support a strong, safe, secure and prosperous Israel, and in Congres, I will be an advocate for strengthening the vital relationship our countries share.." 2
SOURCES: 1) Twin Cities Pioneer Press 2) 2016 Position Papers
Worked as a newspaper reporter out of college.
Her and her wife's adoption of their son Josh set precedent in Tennessee state law, allowing for same-sex couples to adopt.