U.S. REPRESENTATIVE KATHY MANNING
D-NORTH CAROLINA 13th DISTRICT
RACE: Defeated incumbent U.S. Representative Ted Budd (R-NC), who was first elected in 2016.
EDUCATION: University of Michigan (JD), Harvard University (BA)
- Committed to a strong U.S.-Israel relationship
- Supports a two-state solution negotiated by legitimate Israeli & Palestinian leaders as opposed to one imposed on the region.
- Believes it is critical for the U.S. to continue its multi-layered support of Israel's defence, and that it is in the best interest of the U.S. to help Israel maintain its qualitative military edge (QME).
- Supports acccess to safe abortion and birth control
- Endorsed by NARAL ProChoice America and Planned Parenthood
- Believes women should make their own decisions on reproductive healthcare
In Her Own Words
"I am concerned about legislation that has been chipping away at women's ability to have access to complete advice regarding family planning, and imposition of unnecessary regulations on doctors and medical practices and the intrusion of the government into the relationship between a woman and her doctor." 1
"Israel is the only country in the Middle East that shares out democratic values. It is our staunchest ally in that part of the world." 2
"I believe this country is at its strongest when our citizens are able to freely practice their religion and religious ideologies are not imposed on others through the law or the courts." 3
SOURCES: 1) 2018 Position Papers 2) 2018 Position Papers 3) 2018 Position Papers
First woman to chair the board of Jewish Federations of North America