U.S. REPRESENTATIVE JOSH GOTTHEIMER
D-NEW JERSEY 5th DISTRICT
EDUCATION: Harvard Law School, JD; University of Oxford; University of Pennsylvania, BA
OCCUPATION: General Manager, Corporate Strategy
FAMILY: Married, 2 children
- Supports a two-state solution
- Committed to the survival of Israel as a Jewish State
- Believes in the need to continually strengthen and renew the strong relationship between the U.S. and Israel.
- Co-authored the bipartisan U.S.-Israel Joint Missile Defense Act to further develop Arrow 3 millle defense system
- Supports acccess to safe abortion and birth control
- Opposes defunding Planned Parenthood
- Believes women should have access to affordable health care services around the country
In His Own Words
"...Israel is, and must remain, our closest ally. I believe we must do everything in our power to support the strength, safety, and prosperity of Israel." 1
"We must do everything possible to stop terrorist groups like Heabollah and Hamas. The bipartisan bill passed today will further key missile defense systems to protect Israel, our key ally in the region and buttress America's fight against terror in the Middle East." 2
"I unequivocally support women's reproductive rights and will fight any attempt to get between a woman and her doctor when it comes to making personal helalthcare choices." 3
Published the book "Ripples of Hope: Great American Civil Rights Speeches."
Worked at Microsoft as General Manager of Corporate Strategy.
Was a page for Senator Frank Lautenberg, and later an intern for Speaker of the House Tom Foley, and after graduating college, was hired as one of the youngest speechwriters in history for President Bill Clinton's White House.