D - NEW YORK DISTRICT 10
EDUCATION: Columbia University (BA), Fordham School of Law (JD)
FAMILY: Married, 1 child
- Believes a two-state solution as a result of negotiation between Israel and Palestine is the only way to a lasting peace
- Denounces BDS
- Strong supporter of the US - Israel relationship in Congress
- Opposes legislation that harms access to abortion
- Received a 100% choice rating from NARAL pro-choice America
- Supports continued funding of Planned Parenthood
In His Own Words
"Hateful imagery and rhetoric about Jews controlling the world with their money has been used for centuries to foment anti-Semitism. Disgusting. Hurtful. Unconscionable. Inexcusable." 2
9/11 Ground Zero is in his district, and thus Nadler has been a large supporter of compensation and benefits for first responders.
His wife chaired some of his campaigns, and now serves as both the president of a public policy consulting firm, and a professor at Columbia's School of International & Public Affairs.