U.S. REPRESENTATIVE JOSEPH CROWLEY
D-NEW YORK, DISTRICT 14
EDUCATION: B.A. Queens College
OCCUPATION: Small Business Owner
FIRST ELECTED TO FEDERAL OFFICE: 1999
- Supports Israel’s right to self-defense to protect its citizens against acts of terrorism
- Supports a two-state solution
- Supports funding for Israel’s Iron Dome Defense System
- Supports a strong U.S.- Israel partnership in regards to cooperation in the areas of energy, water, homeland security, agriculture, and alternative fuel technologies
- Earned a 100 percent pro-choice rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America
- Supports Roe v. Wade
- Voted against the Blunt Amendment, also known as the Birth Control Refusal Law, which would have allowed any employer to refuse to cover contraception or any health service required under the health reform law for virtually any reason
- Supported Affordable Care Act’s contraceptive insurance coverage policy
- Supported increased funding for women’s health services, which includes Title X family planning programs
In His Own Words
“One of the best things about the Affordable Care Act is the focus on keeping Americans healthy. Today’s decision to require insurers to cover preventative health services for women underscores this commitment.” 1
“Israel is an ally of the United States and I support a deep, enduring relationship.” 2
Joe’s cousin, Fire Department Battalion Chief John Moran, was among the first responders who died in World Trade Center Tower 2 on 9/11.
When he was an assemblyman in Albany, NY, he played guitar and and sang with fellow assemblymen in a band called the Budget Blues Boys.
He once performed at a USO concert with Bruce Springsteen guitarist Nils Lofgren.