Support Emilia Sykes for Congress
RACE: Rep. Sykes won her 2022 race to fill the vacant seat of Rep. Tim Ryan, who had run for U.S. Senate.
DATE OF BIRTH: 1/4/1986
EDUCATION: Kent State University, BA; Univ of Florida Levin College of Law, JD; College of Public Health & Health Policy, MPH
- Supports a strong U.S.-Israel relationship
- Supports a two-state solution
- Opposes BDS movement
- Supports women's rights to full reproductive rights and opposed the overturning of Roe v Wade.
- Believes abortion is a health care decision that 'should be made between an individual and their doctor.
- Helped form the Black Maternal Health Caucus
- Introduced legislation to crack down on anti-abortion 'crisis pregnancy centers' disinformation
In His Own Words
“All Americans deserve comprehensive, accurate, unbiased information from qualified medical professionals when making decisions about their reproductive health.” 1
“As public servants, we have a duty to keep our communities safe, but Congress’ inaction on gun violence is killing innocent Americans every day. Enough is enough. We can and must pass commonsense gun safety legislation to bolster background checks, implement ‘red flag’ laws to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous individuals, and ban assault weapons. I am committed to putting American lives over politics, and I hope my colleagues on both sides of the aisle are ready to do the same.” 2
Born in Akron, OH
First Black person elected to represent Ohio's 13th District
Won the EMILY's List National Rising Star Award
Proud member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority