U.S. REPRESENTATIVE MADELEINE DEAN
RACE SUMMARY: The PA-4th district was redrawn based on a court ruling that determined the original district map had been illegally gerrymandered. The new District 4 is made up of the parts of the old 13th District. The Representative for the old District 13 is Brendan Boyle (D), who is running in PA-2. Madeleine Dean defeated GOP candidate Dan David to represent PA-4.
EDUCATION: La Salle (BA), Widener University (JD)
OCCUPATION: Attorney, Professor
FAMILY: Married, 3 children
- Committed to a two-state solution, with a strong U.S. negotiating role.
- Supports a strong US-Israel relationship, and believes in enhancing trade agreements with Israel
- Opposes Boycott, Divestment & Sanctions (BDS)
- Supports efforts that will ensure Israel maintains its Qualitative Military Edge (MQE)
- Supports the JCPOA (Iran Nuclear Deal)
- Promises to defend a woman's right to choose and Roe v Wade
- Supports Planned Parenthood
- Member of the PA Women's Health Caucus
In Her Own Words
"As a member of Congress, I will work to set the record straight on these relations and hold Palestinian leadership accountable for their contributions to this prolonged conflict. 1
"As the most advanced nation in the world, I believe every person has a right to affordable, accessible, quality healthcare -- including reproductive healthcare." 2
SOURCES: 1) Campaign Position Paper 2) www.mad4PA.com/priorities
Met her husband when they were both campaign interns for a Pennsylvania State Representative
Was previously an English professor at La Salle University
Founded and co-chairs the PA SAFE caucus, dedicated to ending gun violence following the shooting at Sandy Hook elementary school.