U.S. REPRESENTATIVE TOM MALINOWKSI
D-NEW JERSEY 7TH DISTRICT
RACE: Won his reelection in 2020 with the closest margin - 1.2 percent - of any Democratic member of Congress.
VOTING RECORD: GovTrack.us, Project VoteSmart
EDUCATION: University of California, Berkley - BA, St. Anthony's College, Oxford - MPhil
OCCUPATION: Asst Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, & Labor, U.S. Dept. of State (2014-2017); Washington Director, Human Rights Watch (2001-2013)
FAMILY: 1 child
- Believes the U.S.-Israel relationship must remain strong.
- Committed to a two-state solution, and believes the U.S. plays a critical role in that process.
- Committed to a strong U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Supports the continued implementation of the JCPOA (Iran Nuclear Deal).
- Will unequicovally defend a woman's right to choose and Roe v Wade as legal precedent.
- Has been an uncompromising advocate for women through the course of his long career in public service.
- Supports Planned Parenthood.
- Endorsd by Planned Parenthood Action Fund & NARAL Pro-Choice America
"With Roe at risk, it becomes more critical than ever that our elected representatives protect choice, privacy, and a woman's autonomy over her own body," said Malinowski. 1
"I believe the United States must continue to stand by Israel, and that we should work with our allies to maintain pressure on Iran to dismantle its nuclear program, while increasing pressure to stop Iran's support for terrorism and missile development. 2
SOURCES: 1) Project Vote Smart 2) 2018 Position Papers
Born in Communist Poland and immigrated to the U.S. with his mother at the age of 6
Served as Senior Director on President Clinton's National Security Council, working to end conflicts around the world
Served as chief advocate for Human Rights Watch, where he led the bipartisan campaign to end the use of torture by the Bush Administration
Served as the Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, & Labor under the Obama Administration
Led a successful campaign to restore funding to protect the U.S. from domestic terrorism, including antisemetic violence, that was cut by the Trump Administration