U.S. REPRESENTATIVE ABIGAIL SPANBERGER
D-VIRGINIA DISTRICT 7
RACE SUMMARY: Unseated incumbent GOP Rep. Dave Brad by a narrow margin to become the Representative of the 7th District.
BORN: August 7, 1979
EDUCATION: University of Virginia (BA), Purdue University (MBA)
OCCUPATION: Former Operations Officer - CIA
FAMILY: Married, 3 children
- Supports a two-state solution
- Supports the JCPOA (Iran Nuclear Deal)
- Supports Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state and will work to ensure the longstanding U.S. relationship with Israel remains strong.
- Supports Roe v. Wade
- Opposes defunding Planned Parenthood
- Believes the federal government should have no say on when, how, and with whom women decide to start or grow a family.
In Her Own Words
""I support the pursuit of a two-state solution to the conflict between the Israelis and Palestinians. Reaching a solution is vital to pursuing long-term stability in the Middle East, the security of Israel and its partners, and greater opportunities for Israelis and Palestinians.” 1
"Roe v. Wade is settled case law, and I support choice because women have the right to make their own decisions without interference from politicians or the government." 2
SOURCES: 1) 2018 Position Papers 2) 2018 Position Papers
Joined the CIA in 2006 as an operations manager and worked overseas on classified assignments dealing with national security, terrorism, and nuclear proliferation.
Worked as a federal postal investigator on money laundering and illegal drug cases.