CANDIDATE FOR U.S. SENATE
D - GEORGIA
RACE SUMMARY: Facing GOP Sen. David Perdue in a runoff election that will be critical to control in the Senate.
Education: London School of Economics (MA), Georgetown University (BS)
Occupation: Investigative Journalist, Documentary Producer
- Strong supporter of the U.S.-Israel relationship
- Believes the survival and security of Israel is in the interest of the United States
- Believes a two-state solution is fundamental to Israel's security, and that the U.S. must be part of the process
- Supports maintaining Israel's QME (Qualitative Military Edge)
- Strongly supports the JCPOA, and opposed pulling out of the treaty
- Supports Roe v. Wade
- Rejects efforts to make it harder for women to access contraception and a woman's right to choose.
- Will fight any legislation or executive action that would allow insurance companies to discriminate against women.
- Supports Planned Parenthood and will defend it in Congress.
In His Own Words
"Planned Parenthood provides essentail preventative and reproductive health services like cancer screenings, STD testing, and low-cost birth control for millions of women." 1
Has been endorsed by Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) for the U.S. Senate
Has produced several documentary films
His mother co-founded NewPower PAC, an organization that works to elect women to local office across Georgia.