U.S. SENATOR REV. RAPHAEL WARNOCK
D - GEORGIA
RACE SUMMARY: Raphael Warnock defeated GOP Sen. Kelly Loeffler in a runoff election that was critical to Democratic control of the Senate. He will be up for reelection for a full six-year term in 2022 in what is expected to be a highly contentious race. To read Reverend Warnock's position paper on Israel, please click here.
Education: Morehouse College (BA), Union Theological Seminary (MDiv, MPhil, PhD)
Family: 2 children
- Committed to a U.S - Israel relationship
- Supports an agreement that will prevent a nuclear-capable Iran
- Supports a two-state solution and opposes BDS
To read Reverend Warnock's position paper on Israel, please click here.
- Endorsed by NARAL and Planned Parenthood
- Will support judicial nominees who will uphold Roe v. Wade
- Opposes any attacks on Planned Parenthood and protect its federal funding
- Supports the ACA's preventive care protections for access to women's reproductive health services
In His Own Words
"Health care is a human right and something that the richest nation in the world provides for its citizens. And for me, reproductive justice is consistent with my commitment to that. I believe unequivocally in a woman’s right to choose." 1
SOURCES: (1) Christian Post
He has been the senior pastor at the Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atltanta, which is Martin Luther King Jr.'s former congregation.
He gave the benediction during the public prayer service at Barack Obama's second inauguration.
He was arrested in 2014 during a peaceful protest against the GOP's decision not to expain Medicaid under the ACA.