U.S. REPRESENTATIVE CAROL SHEA-PORTER
D-NEW HAMPSHIRE 1ST DISTRICT
EDUCATION: MPA, University of New Hampshire, 1979 (BA), Social Services, University of New Hampshire, 1975
OCCUPATION: Social Worker
FAMILY: Married, 2 Children
RELIGION: Roman Catholic
ELECTED: 2006, 2013, 2016
- Supports a two-state solution
- Supports public abortion funding
- Supports stem cell research
- Shea-Porter co-sponsored Women's Health Protection Act
- Shea-Porter co-sponsored a bill that ensures access to and funding for contraception, expands access to preventive health care services, and improves access to women's health care.
In Her Own Words
"Are you a citizen or just a spectator?"
Before being elected, she was escorted from a rally for George W. Bush wearing a t-shirt that said "Turn Your Back on Bush."