U.S. SENATOR TAMMY BALDWIN
Education: Smith College AB
University of Wisconsin, JD
- Supports U.S. funding for Israel’s Iron Dome defense program
- Support Israel’s right to self-defense to protect it’s citizens against acts of terrorism
- Supports a two-state solution
- Supports a strong U.S. - Israel partnership in regards to cooperation on in the areas of energy, water, homeland security, agriculture, and alternative fuel technologies
- Earned a 100 percent pro-choice rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America
- Supports Roe v. Wade
- Supports Affordable Care Act’s contraceptive insurance coverage policy
- Voted against the Blunt Amendment, also known as the Birth Control Refusal Law, which would have allowed any employer to refuse to cover contraception or any health service required under the health reform law for virtually any reason
- Supported increased funding for women’s health services, which includes Title X family planning programs
- Co-sponsored Protect Women’s Health From Corporate Interference Act (Not My Bosses Business Act). This Act was aimed at countering the Supreme Court Hobby Lobby decision and would prohibit for-profit employers that maintain a group health plan for its employees from using religious beliefs to deny employees coverage of contraception or any other vital health service required by federal law.
In Her Own Words
“Every woman should have access to comprehensive, affordable health coverage and should be able to make the health care decisions that work for her and her family.” 1
“I’m very proud of the moment we’re at right now, where there has been upper level strategic cooperation” between U.S. and Israeli militaries and intelligence services.” 2
“Israel is our most important friend and ally in the world, but certainly in the Middle East.” 3
Baldwin is the first openly gay senator in United States history.
Baldwin was 6-years-old when she first visited Israel.
She was raised by her mother and maternal grandmother, who were Jewish.