In Joe Biden's Corner
Scroll down or click here for virtual events you can join to support Joe Biden for President.
March 6, 2020
After nearly four years of a Trump presidency, our country is battered and bruised. Our democracy has been stretched and twisted. We are more divided than ever before. The challenges families face grow on a daily basis.
This election is less than 270 days away. It offers us a chance to make a change by electing a leader that will heal the wounds and begin to once again build a country that serves as a beacon of freedom and human rights.
That leader is Joe Biden.
After more than 36 years in the Senate and eight years as vice president, Joe understands how to work across the aisle to effect real change. He has always stood up for JAC's values and we are proud to call him our friend.
He wrote and championed the Violence Against Women Act of 1994; shepherded through Congress the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act; and secured the passage of a 10-year assault weapons ban.
Joe has pledged to codify Roe v. Wade. This would take the question of safe and legal abortion out of the Supreme Court's hands by passing legislation in Congress that guarantees women in every state the right to unfettered access to abortion care. This would protect the right to choose even in the event that Roe v. Wade is overturned.
Click here to listen Joe discuss his position on women's issues.
With Joe on top of the ticket, it will also help the candidates running down ballot from Congress to the state houses. Elections have consequences.
There were many other qualified candidates in the race, many of whom JAC also counts as friends. Many of you supported these candidates. Now is the time we must all come together and do what it takes to defeat Donald Trump. We cannot allow Trump to spend four more years in the White House.
JAC will do all that we can to help elect Joe. Join us as we knock on doors and phone voters. Attend a Joe Biden for President event. Donate here. Get involved.
This is THE election.
Click to read about Joe Biden's Relationship with the Jewish Community.
- Tuesday, July 14: Jewish Women for Joe Summer Book Club featuring Jill Santopolo, author of "More Than Words" **free event**
- Wednesday, July 15: Virtual Conversation with European Ambassadors for Biden with Samantha Power, Mayor Eric Garcetti, & Deputy Campaign Manager Rufus Gifford
- Wednesday, July 15: Gridiron Greats for Biden with Jill Bidn & Emmitt Smith, Calvin Johnson, Jr. & Robert Griffin III
- Wednesday, July 15: Virtual Conversation on the American Economy with Hon. Jack Lew, Hon. Penny Pritzker, Gene Sperling, & Danielle Gray
- Wednesday, July 15: Jewish Women for Joe Virtual Conversation: Cruel & Unusual Punishment - Is There Hope for Criminal Justice Reform? **free event**
- Thursday, July 16: Virtual Conversation on Defense Policy with Hon. Michele Flournoy, Hon. Kathleen Hicks, & Dr. Rebecca Bill Chavez
- Friday, July 17: Virtual Reception with VP Joe Biden moderated by Dana Remus, Biden for President General Counsel
- Tuesday, July 21: Virtual North Carolina Clean Energy Reception with Kerry C. Duggan
- Wednesday, July 22: Family Members on the Campaign Trail with Jill Biden, First Lady of Connecticut Annie Lamont, & First Lady of New Jersey Tammy Murphy
- Wednesday, July 22: Virtual Conversation on LGBTQ+ Equality with DNC Chair Tom Perez and Dennis & Judy Shepard
- Thursday, July 23: An Inside View of the Biden Campaign with Erin Wilson, National Political Director
- Monday, July 27: Jewish Women for Joe Summer Book Club featuring Sarah Blake, author of "Naamah" **free event**
- Monday, July 27: Virtual Conversation with Sen. Amy Klobuchar & Jake Sullivan
- Tuesday, July 28: Oklahoma Virtual Reception with Mayor Pete Buttigieg & Kelli O'Hara
- Wednesday, July 29: Virtual Conversation with Sen. Amy Klobuchar & DNC Chair Tom Perez
- Thursday, July 30: Virtual Conversation with Celinda Lake
- Thursday, July 30: Virtual Discussion on Climate Change with Al Gore
- Monday, August 3: Virtual Conversation on Antisemitism with Sen. Jacky Rosen (D-NV) & Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) moderated by Jason Alexander