In Joe Biden's Corner
Scroll down or click here for virtual events you can join to support Joe Biden for President.
March 6, 2020
After nearly four years of a Trump presidency, our country is battered and bruised. Our democracy has been stretched and twisted. We are more divided than ever before. The challenges families face grow on a daily basis.
This election is less than 270 days away. It offers us a chance to make a change by electing a leader that will heal the wounds and begin to once again build a country that serves as a beacon of freedom and human rights.
That leader is Joe Biden.
After more than 36 years in the Senate and eight years as vice president, Joe understands how to work across the aisle to effect real change. He has always stood up for JAC's values and we are proud to call him our friend.
He wrote and championed the Violence Against Women Act of 1994; shepherded through Congress the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act; and secured the passage of a 10-year assault weapons ban.
Joe has pledged to codify Roe v. Wade. This would take the question of safe and legal abortion out of the Supreme Court's hands by passing legislation in Congress that guarantees women in every state the right to unfettered access to abortion care. This would protect the right to choose even in the event that Roe v. Wade is overturned.
Click here to listen Joe discuss his position on women's issues.
With Joe on top of the ticket, it will also help the candidates running down ballot from Congress to the state houses. Elections have consequences.
There were many other qualified candidates in the race, many of whom JAC also counts as friends. Many of you supported these candidates. Now is the time we must all come together and do what it takes to defeat Donald Trump. We cannot allow Trump to spend four more years in the White House.
JAC will do all that we can to help elect Joe. Join us as we knock on doors and phone voters. Attend a Joe Biden for President event. Donate here. Get involved.
This is THE election.
Click to read about Joe Biden's Relationship with the Jewish Community.
- Date TBA: Grassroots Fundraiser with VP Joe Biden & His Runing Mate **low donation event**
- Date TBA: Women for Biden Virtual Event with VP Joe Biden's Running Mate
- Tuesday, August 11: Virtual Conversation with Sen. Elizabeth Warren & Rep. Katie Porter ** low donation event **
- Tuesday, August 11: Virtual Cook Along with Sen. Jon Tester, Chef Tom Collicchio, & Sam Kass ** low donation event **
- Tuesday, August 11: Virtual Conversation on Digital Infrastructure with Sen. Ted Kaufman & DNC CTO Nellwyn Thomas
- Tuesday, August 11: Virtual Campaign Briefing with Jen O'Malley Dillon, BFP Campaign Manager
- Wednesday, August 12: Conversation on Climate & the Environment with Gov. Jay Inslee ** low donation event **
- Thursday, August 13: Virtual Studio Tour & Conversation on Art with Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, Marilyn Minter, Jeanne Greenberg Rohatyn & Alfre Woodard **low donation event **
- Thursday, August 13: Virtual Conversation on Affordable Housing with Stef Feldman, BFP Policy Director ** low donation event **
- Friday, August 14: Virtual Conversation with Gov. Gavin Newsom
- Monday, August 17: Virtual Reception with VP Joe Biden, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and Carole King **low donation event **
- Thursday, August 20: National Women for Biden Bi-Monthly Call
- Monday, August 24: Arkansas Virtual Reception with Mayor Pete Buttigieg ** low donation event **
- Monday, August 24: Fireside Chat on the Future of the U.S. Transportation & Infrustructure ** low donation event **
- Monday, August 24: Virtual Conversation with Sen. Amy Klobuchar & Rep. David Cicilline ** low donation event **
- Monday, August 24: Virtual Conversation on the Rule of Law with Dana Remus, General Counsel, BFP
- Tuesday, Tuesday 25: Virtual Meeting with Tony Blinken, BFP Senior Forign Policy Advisor & Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Wednesday, August 26: Virtual Conversation on the Value of Women Voters & Leaders with Reps. Abby Finkenauer, Lucy McBath, & Debbie Mucarsel-Powell moderated by Debra Messing & Eric McCormack
- Thursday, August 27: Virtual Conversation with Tony Blinken, BFP Sr. Foriegn Policy Advisor & Neal Wolin, former Dep. Secretary of the Treasury